Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Shameful Neglect

Well, the weather changed back to cool, cloudy and wet, as it is wont to do here in Oregon. Fortunately I got the last portions of yard mowed, the front and way back, and spliLinkt and stacked the rest of the wood. Put all the tools up and prepared for more rain.

I assumed with the return of outside unfriendly weather I'd get back here and back to work on the couple posts I've had brewing. Buuuuut, I haven't. Instead I've been watching some crazy end of the regular season hockey games where teams that are already out of the playoff race have been getting way too close to winning games with teams that should be walking all over them. But, it's that kind of sport.

And while I've been back at the keyboard, I've ended up completely neglecting blogger and even to a great extent *gasp* facebook. Instead I've been spending most of my online time over at the forums on snuscentral.org as I've found it to be not just a great source of info on all things snus, but also a pretty great community of snus enthusiasts who welcome snus newbies (snubies?) into the fold with open arms, answer all questions helpfully, and enable us snubies to quickly grow into the next wave of educated enthusiasts.

And there's a lot to talk about. Many things are afoot in the snus world, mostly due to just how much is going on with tobacco legislation in the US. It's all both exciting and scary. As I've found a way to leave behind a nasty and dangerous habit, and found something I'm growing to love more than I ever did love smoking, there looms the definite possibility that my access to it will become extremely restricted, or cut off entirely.

So I haven't been able to quite figure out what post to start with. The followup report on my experience with Snus vs. Cigarettes? All the new tobacco regulations being proposed? Exciting snus news and reviews? Hard to say.

Or I may just end up back in the forums trying to back up my claims that the Red Wings will NOT win the Stanley Cup again this year.

1 comment:

Alyce said...

snubies - I love it.