Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Quick Snus News

Well, the sun finally came out in Oregon, it's been here for a few days, and may not be here many more. This has kept me pretty busy with both the boost in business and having to work a bit harder, but mostly it's taken me outside and away from the computer to get working on the yard and other outdoor projects. It was only 60 degrees Saturday, but I still managed to get sunburned, wasn't expecting that.

Anyhow, another week gone by and I'm still snusing it up. Not going to go into depth here, just a quick report that it's grown on me even more. Any aversion to the taste is gone, in general, though there are still a few types I'm not especially fond of, but most have gotten better and better as I've grown used to snus in general, and as my sense of smell and taste has started to return from it's lengthy hiatus. Eventually I'll take the time to rundown impressions on various types. I'm hoping in the next day or two I'll get my second order in and have another 10 or so to try out and add to the list.

But what I really wanted to pass along today was the weekly special at getsnus.com. Right now they are offering a 12 can pack of 4 different sterk (strong) snus varieties for $29.95. It's pretty much a hell of a deal. I haven't ordered from getsnus myself, as so far their variety hasn't matched that of northerner or snuscentral, but I did hit em up on their free sample offer and was amazed at how fast I got it. They are located in the states, so naturally shipping is quicker than the overseas places. Of the 4 sterk varieties, I've only tried 2 so far. The General Extra Sterk and the Skruf Stark. Both are great, especially when you want a big nicotine kick. I like em first thing in the morning, or after a big meal. Those times when I normally loved loved loved my cigarette. The Skruf Stark has a fairly strong flavor, I'm still dabbling with it, but it is a favorite of many, and a staple snus for quite a few. The General Extra Sterk is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. I'm surprised at the variance in flavor between General Portions, General Onyx, and General Extra Sterk. The Portions are mostly just salty, the Onyx is much saltier with a bit of spicy pepper, stronger than the portions. The Extra Sterk however is mostly just salty, but where I'd expect them to be even stronger in flavor I find them more mild than the Onyx, and with a wonderful underlying sweetness. This week they are my pick for first thing in the morning snus.

The other 2 varieties I haven't tried. Claq Qui by Roda Lacket I would have had in my first order but they weren't immediately available at Northerner. I've got a can coming in my second order and am highly anticipating it as I love Roda Lacket to the point where I've been rationing my last handful of portions to have one a day to go with my latte at work. The other variety is Offroad Original Strong, and I've yet to try any Offroad varieties at all. They tend to be less expensive than others, but have pretty mixed reviews. But all in all this is a great sampler pack of strong snus for a pretty generous price. Might not be the best for those new to snus, but if you already like snus and want some strong, high nicotine portions, check out this deal here.

No comments: